Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WHY.. MY COUNTRY???

I lost my homeland even before i was born,
under the oppression of mighty empire.
I've been taught that truth always holds the victory,
But why there are no ears listening to the truth of my country?
People are executed if convicted of single murder,
But why hundreds of murders in my country are being ignored?
Young kids anywhere are always embraced by their parents,
But why kids of my country have to leave their parents in search of freedom?
Freedom of religion is observed in any part of the world,
But why my countrymen are stopped from following their religious leader?
Everyone is born with the birthright of freedom of speech,
But why people in my country are not allowed to voice their heart out?
Laws are passed to protect the endangered species everywhere,
But why species in my country are still brutally hunted?
This poses a serious question the world's CONSCIOUS...
Where is the justice 21st century claims to give???
TENZIN CHUNZIN
B.sc nursing

1 comment:

Students For A Free Tibet Pune said...

a cry of a tibetan youngster for her beloved country............